Welcome to UPTRAIN, the Education Blog.
UPTRAIN shines a light onto the problems education faces on various levels and how these can be solved today or in the future.
- Why do teachers stop teaching? Which countries do a better job at keeping teachers teaching?
- What can we learn from game theory to make classes more fun and engaging for students?
- How could virtual and augmented reality help teachers create unforgettable learning experience?
- Do Montessori’s theories hold up against modern developmental psychology and neuroscience?
- How could schools formalise the teaching of soft skills such as self-esteem, self-efficacy and a sense of responsibility?
MY BACKGROUND is in Neuroscience and Cognitive Psychology. I have also had some experience in the entrepreneurial world, before I decided to shift towards the topic that is dearest to my heart – education.
LEARNING is what happens spontaneously when you give a human being access to information. EDUCATION is simply the formalised version of learning – we pre-select information and structure it so that learning can occur more effectively. If done right, education can be – in my humble opinion – the single most powerful lever to change the outcome of students and whole societies for the better.
AS A TEACHER I strive towards creating memorable learning experiences for my students. I explore and incorporate key take aways from any field or topic that might be relevant. This blog is a manifestation of my reflection on topics.
I thought you might like to tune in 😀